We moved to our Studio in November 2016, located on the beautiful North Yorkshire Estate of Sedbury Hall. We re located our shop and office here after struggling in our small workshop for space. The need to expand fitted perfectly with The Smithy becoming available and it wasn’t long before we were moving into our new space. Each day, we feel so lucky to be working somewhere so lovely. The drive to work is a dream, admiring the seasons coming and going and spotting deer flitting through the woods. The Smithy is parted into two rooms, our shop and our office. We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10-3pm, on a Wednesday we are in our Workshop making our stock and fulfilling orders.
You may have seen on our Instagram and Stories just how pretty Sedbury Stables is but you really need to see it for yourself to appreciate it! The grounds are maintained each day, being planted or pruned to keep in time with the seasons. Our favourite time is in Spring when the centre box is planted with heaps of rosie pink tulips and purple hyacinths.
We have lovely neighbours too, including Saks Hair & Beauty and Kacao. Kacao is a fabulous handmade chocolatier ran by Kelsey, the flavours that the creates are addictive! We are always guilty of running over and buying a few Salted Caramels, our favourites! The Saks salon ran by lovely Anna is in such a beautiful space, the perfect area to treat your self to a manicure and blow-dry, why not!
“rosie pink tulips”
Visiting our Renné Studio allows you to create your own magic, styling your chains, charms and rings in so many various ways which is unavailable via the website. We are who will help you find the perfect piece of treasure for yourself or as a gift for a loved one or friend. Layering your chains, stacking your rings, creating a combination of bangles or making a necklace of talismans that mean the world to you, that is what our Studio is here for.
A lot of jewellery now is made to be disposable, it is mass produced, low quality and will not stand the test of time. Our jewellery is designed to feel like quality and be worn forever. A lot of people are surprised at the weight of our pieces, it is all solid sterling silver or 9 carat gold. Our chains are sterling silver and hallmarked, our stones are ethically sourced and we handcraft every piece in Yorkshire.
The Stables date back to 1771 and lie in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. Designed by the famous Georgian Architect, John Carr, they once stabled the racing horses of King Charles II. The Sedbury Hall estate stretches over 300 acres of beautiful landscaped parkland.
“feel like quality and be worn forever”
10 reasons to visit our Studio –
- Amazing coffee (you can sometimes have two if your lucky!)
- Each item is beautifully gift wrapped. Laid in crisp white tissue, with a Renné care card explaining how to care for your jewellery, all wrapped in a branded white box with grey grosgrain ribbon. Finally placed into our distinctive Renné bags.
- One to one styling service, you get us both all to yourselves to advice you on what we think will work best. We suggest new ways of wearing your pieces, creating more looks than one.
- We have sheepskin chairs, we find these extremely handy when a coffee is in hand!
- There is heaps of parking, so no worries for paying for a ticket.
- You can finally meet our happy chappy Teddie (the Renné pooch)
- Enjoy your drive to our Studio, the surrounds are serene and far from the noise of the motorway!
- Indulge and visit the addictive chocolatiers that we have here at Sedbury, catch Kacao open to try some of their insanely tasty handmade chocolates.
- Take your time, we want your experience to be leisurely. Sometimes with so much choice it is hard to make a decision, please never feel rushed. Or even that you need to buy, just come and try!
- We often have new pieces of our collection in the Studio long before they arrive online, you can be the first to get the hottest off the bench.
We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10-3pm and the first Saturday of the month 10-12pm
We look forward to seeing you here soon!